This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] testsuite/gdb.dwarf2: Fix for dw2-ifort-parameter failure on ARM
- From: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Omair Javaid <omair dot javaid at linaro dot org>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:36:40 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] testsuite/gdb.dwarf2: Fix for dw2-ifort-parameter failure on ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANW4E-2bQYjx6YdR3qGyKUsQa_KOrtmkWsZYqKzcuQBF==RPpw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANW4E-25HdXYKMk258iO=GZ=PNM=Zu4jMbstpkSoMgE9wFpmkQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <51E4B587 dot 70007 at codesourcery dot com> <CANW4E-0vd51dTvd5qxUbeDn7ebXV-cf+WS4+VpyyGyD0MYGk8Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
[Sorry for being late]
On 09/19/2013 11:30 PM, Omair Javaid wrote:
(gdb) break func
warning: Breakpoint address adjusted from 0x000083bd to 0x000083bc.
Breakpoint 1 at 0x83bc (2 locations)
'break func' should insert a breakpoint at an address A after the first
several instructions of function func, due to the effect of skip
prologue. Address A should be an address of a thumb instruction, so it
should be 2-byte aligned. In this case, the address should be
0x000083bc. I'd like to check why 0x000083bd is generated, and
probably we should use gdbarch_addr_bits_remove somewhere.