This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/2] GDB process record and reverse debugging improvements for arm*-linux*
- From: Omair Javaid <omair dot javaid at linaro dot org>
- To: oza Pawandeep <oza dot pawandeep at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, patches <patches at linaro dot org>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 13:24:06 +0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] GDB process record and reverse debugging improvements for arm*-linux*
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANW4E-3+-9FTB2C9tYO42CAV7mZeUP8ayPR+3sH1F5bweJM_7Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <52687B1A dot 2050003 at codesourcery dot com> <527C580B dot 5020100 at linaro dot org> <83k3gj5p9t dot fsf at gnu dot org> <CAK1A=4wzJUDvTEX6SxL_dEHaDvx7H0MaLShfEcN8e-RTSOHWmw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri 08 Nov 2013 01:18:45 PM PKT, oza Pawandeep wrote:
The previous support for arm instruction and thumb instruction for
record and reply was added by me.
but there some reverse test case failing...
I had issues with employer disclaimer, so could not proceed.
I have got the disclaimer now and is up-to date with FSF.
some of the queries to you regarding thumb2 support ?
1) did you bring in co processor and dsp instruction support for thumb2 ?
2) can you please run gdb-rever test suite and see if your code passes
the same ?
On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Eli Zaretskii <email@example.com> wrote:
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 08:18:35 +0500
From: Omair Javaid <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CC: email@example.com, Patch Tracking <firstname.lastname@example.org>
--- gdb/NEWS 11 Oct 2013 13:51:26 -0000 1.622
+++ gdb/NEWS 7 Nov 2013 23:58:26 -0000
@@ -3,6 +3,10 @@
This part is OK, but please make sure to have 2 spaces between
+* Improved support of process record-replay and reverse debugging on
+ arm*-linux* targets. Support for thumb32 and syscall instructions
I really appreciate your work on arm process record and I am trying to
improve on the work you have done previously. I have sent 3 patches
upstream which include basic support for Thumb32 instructions and
system call instructions along with some fixes.
There were around 1500 failures in gdb.reverse on arm that have been
significantly reduced. Here is a current status of gdb.reverse test
suite on arm targets:
# of expected passes 2253
# of unexpected failures 71
# of expected passes 2142
# of unexpected failures 122
I am currently working on patches to fix above unexpected failures and
also working on supporting co-processor and other unsupported