This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2 1/6] introduce common.m4
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 12:27:39 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/6] introduce common.m4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1383675811-3274-1-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <1383675811-3274-2-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <5279425C dot 7020201 at redhat dot com> <87zjpipqx9 dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On 11/05/2013 07:52 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
>>>>>> "Pedro" == Pedro Alves <email@example.com> writes:
> Pedro> HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET is used by common/gdb_locale.h,
> Pedro> and GDB_AC_COMMON uses AM_LANGINFO_CODESET. Shouldn't
> Pedro> codeset.m4 then be included by common.m4 instead?
> It's also needed by gdb/charset.c, so technically it should be included
> in both places. However it seems strange to include the file twice, and
> reasonably harmless the way it is.
Hmm, but then this goes against the "each module includes what
it needs" philosophy. Does including the file twice actually result
in expanding the file twice, or does m4 make sure it's included
If we do go with gdbserver including this directly, then I think
it'd be good to add a comment about the dependency here:
> +++ b/gdb/gdbserver/acinclude.m4
> @@ -12,8 +12,10 @@ sinclude(../../config/override.m4)
> dnl For ACX_PKGVERSION and ACX_BUGURL.