This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [ping] [PATCH] Skip VDSO when reading SO list (PR 8882)
- From: Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:21:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ping] [PATCH] Skip VDSO when reading SO list (PR 8882)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87wqmbpxnw dot fsf at br87z6lw dot de dot ibm dot com> <87mwlgxlji dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On Thu, Nov 07 2013, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Andreas> For about 9 years now, when loading a core dump from a Linux
> Andreas> target into mainline GDB, the user is greeted with:
> Andreas> Can't read pathname for load map:Input/output error.
> Andreas> Is it now time to apply this?
> I'm going through the unreviewed patches and I ran across this
> unresolved thread. What's the status here? I think we reached
> agreement that some version of your patch should go in, but I didn't see
> the final patch posted.
It was checked in by Ulrich after some adjustments according to Jan's