This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 07/10] test: evaluate pointers to C99 vla correctly.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Sanimir Agovic <sanimir dot agovic at intel dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 22:32:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 07/10] test: evaluate pointers to C99 vla correctly.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1382366424-21010-1-git-send-email-sanimir dot agovic at intel dot com> <1382366424-21010-8-git-send-email-sanimir dot agovic at intel dot com> <87siv8szhf dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
Tom> I suppose right now gcc claims that 'vla_ptr' has type 'int *'.
Tom> But I don't see why that is necessarily so. Are compilers required to
Tom> declare this parameter as an "int *" and not "int[n]"?
Ok, I read up on array-like declarators and I see that this actually is
how C is defined, even for VLAs. Given that I think this patch is fine.