This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Resurrect gdb-add-index as a contrib script
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 14:31:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Resurrect gdb-add-index as a contrib script
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJYzjmeW9q-EkqyaLrTckRSuD4uqZ0m29eZJGqpZRGY4UwSnXg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131107195712 dot GA25547 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net>
>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com> writes:
>> It also occurs to me that people might want to use fragments of this
>> in their build systems, so it might be better to use the simple
>> permissive license from
>> would that be okay?
Jan> I do not see a reason to make such exception although it is Tom's
Jan> script so it is more up to him. I find such a possible request can
Jan> be considered if it ever appears.
It's fine by me.
Jan> On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 20:33:20 +0100, Samuel Bronson wrote:
>> Oops. My last email was supposed to say something about "gdb-add-index
>> foo" not working when foo had no / in it. This is the problem which
>> the "this" in the next part was meant to refer to.
Jan> I did not find too clear from the archives why Tom has removed the script.
Jan> I found only
Jan> Re: [patch] gdb-add-index tweaks
There's a thread in an earlier month.
Doug had objections to it that I could not address in a timely way.
I don't recall if contrib existed at the time; I agree this is an ok