This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Move "types deeply equal" code from py-type.c to gdbtypes.c
- From: Doug Evans <dje at sebabeach dot org>
- To: Stan Shebs <stanshebs at earthlink dot net>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 23:08:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Move "types deeply equal" code from py-type.c to gdbtypes.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAA8o+=Q2ur7dAZYRRgOeRV1=KW_2azOwRY8meVHYKaOx3Yh9GQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <527AB482 dot 80600 at earthlink dot net>
Stan Shebs <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On 11/6/13 9:00 AM, Doug Evans wrote:
>> There's nothing python-specific about the bulk of this code so I've
>> moved it out of py-type.c.
>> Ok to check in?
>> 2013-11-06 Doug Evans <email@example.com>
>> * gdbtypes.c: #include bcache.h, dwarf2loc.h.
>> (type_equality_entry): Move here from python/py-type.c.
>> (type_equality_entry_d): Ditto.
>> (compare_maybe_null_strings, check_types_equal): Ditto.
>> (check_types_worklist, types_deeply_equal): Ditto.
>> * gdbtypes.h (types_deeply_equal): Declare.
>> * python/py-type.c: Remove inclusion of bcache.h, dwarf2loc.h.
>> (typy_richcompare): Update.
> +/* A helper function for tyscm_richcompare that checks two types for
> + "deep" equality. Returns non-zero if the types are considered the
> + same, zero otherwise. */
> "tyscm_richcompare"? Should that be typy_... ?
> The comments should be maybe be phrased to emphasize the
> quasi-librariness of the code, so that future generations aren't
> confused if it seems unused by core GDB (which could happen if python
> becomes plugin
> instead of subdir, for example).