This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Move "types deeply equal" code from py-type.c to gdbtypes.c
- From: Stan Shebs <stanshebs at earthlink dot net>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 13:28:34 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Move "types deeply equal" code from py-type.c to gdbtypes.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAA8o+=Q2ur7dAZYRRgOeRV1=KW_2azOwRY8meVHYKaOx3Yh9GQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 11/6/13 9:00 AM, Doug Evans wrote:
> There's nothing python-specific about the bulk of this code so I've
> moved it out of py-type.c.
> Ok to check in?
> 2013-11-06 Doug Evans <email@example.com>
> * gdbtypes.c: #include bcache.h, dwarf2loc.h.
> (type_equality_entry): Move here from python/py-type.c.
> (type_equality_entry_d): Ditto.
> (compare_maybe_null_strings, check_types_equal): Ditto.
> (check_types_worklist, types_deeply_equal): Ditto.
> * gdbtypes.h (types_deeply_equal): Declare.
> * python/py-type.c: Remove inclusion of bcache.h, dwarf2loc.h.
> (typy_richcompare): Update.
+/* A helper function for tyscm_richcompare that checks two types for
+ "deep" equality. Returns non-zero if the types are considered the
+ same, zero otherwise. */
"tyscm_richcompare"? Should that be typy_... ?
The comments should be maybe be phrased to emphasize the
quasi-librariness of the code, so that future generations aren't
confused if it seems unused by core GDB (which could happen if python
instead of subdir, for example).