This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix Gold/strip discrepancies for PR 11786
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 10:27:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix Gold/strip discrepancies for PR 11786
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <yjt24n85x78h dot fsf at ruffy dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <20131031154957 dot GA11260 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <CADPb22QKBpYpmmZzeKJy7JWukpfkTQcYZDm+KeEkr6K_92LJ2A at mail dot gmail dot com> <87li13shk2 dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CADPb22QNaGzvagsDwgt2mAVOQw9kQxtKbnHKtnTbUMy-7xaJhw at mail dot gmail dot com>
>> In this case, "()" is not idiomatic C, whereas "(void)" is.
>> This is not the same as a coding style rule.
Doug> I'm not sure how to read this.
Feel free to ignore it.
I think this thread already outweighs its utility.
It's fine to leave the test case as you wrote it.
Doug> Is this an argument for requiring (void) in all testsuite C function