This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[PATCH] Remove use of deprecated_init_ui_hook from quit_confirm.
- From: "Andrew Burgess" <aburgess at broadcom dot com>
- To: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 13:29:24 +0100
- Subject: [PATCH] Remove use of deprecated_init_ui_hook from quit_confirm.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
There are only two places that deprecated_init_ui_hook is set
(to !NULL) that I can find:
1. In gdbtk, deprecated_init_ui_hook is used to grab a copy of
argv0, but is then immediately set back to NULL, and
2. In windows-nat.c, deprecated_init_ui_hook is used to solve
an order of initialisation problem when creating a command
alias, in this case deprecated_init_ui_hook is left set.
In top.c:quit_confirm we check deprecated_init_ui_hook to detect if
there's a GUI running. For (1) above this will not kick in, but
for (2) it does.... however... I don't see why this is a good thing,
as I understand it the windows-nat.c code is not a GUI frontend for
gdb, but is just "running-gdb-on-windows-hosts". I find it hard to
believe that the shorter, less informative, quit message is really
desired... but maybe I've missed something.
The following patch removes the use of deprecated_init_ui_hook
from quit_confirm, the only change I expect from this is that the
quit message on windows hosts will fall into line with other hosts.
OK to apply?
2013-09-06 Andrew Burgess <email@example.com>
* top.c (quit_confirm): Remove use of deprecated_init_ui_hook.
diff --git a/gdb/top.c b/gdb/top.c
index b3e7d37..d9128a3 100644
@@ -1355,18 +1355,9 @@ quit_confirm (void)
stb = mem_fileopen ();
old_chain = make_cleanup_ui_file_delete (stb);
- /* This is something of a hack. But there's no reliable way to see
- if a GUI is running. The `use_windows' variable doesn't cut
- it. */
- if (deprecated_init_ui_hook)
- fprintf_filtered (stb, _("A debugging session is active.\n"
- "Do you still want to close the debugger?"));
- fprintf_filtered (stb, _("A debugging session is active.\n\n"));
- iterate_over_inferiors (print_inferior_quit_action, stb);
- fprintf_filtered (stb, _("\nQuit anyway? "));
+ fprintf_filtered (stb, _("A debugging session is active.\n\n"));
+ iterate_over_inferiors (print_inferior_quit_action, stb);
+ fprintf_filtered (stb, _("\nQuit anyway? "));
str = ui_file_xstrdup (stb, NULL);
make_cleanup (xfree, str);