This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [commit] Improved linker-debugger interface
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:53:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: [commit] Improved linker-debugger interface
- References: <20130516144340 dot GA2105 at blade dot nx> <20130604133819 dot GA25892 at blade dot nx>
> I just committed the improved linker-debugger interface patch series
> as attached. For those of you using the patches in distributions,
> some of the attached files have different filenames than previously
I am seeing some issues on ia64-linux (rhES5):
| (gdb) start
| Temporary breakpoint 1 at 0x40000000000005a1: file bar.c, line 4.
| Starting program: /saco.a/users/brobecke/ex/simple/bar
| warning: Probes-based dynamic linker interface failed.
| Reverting to original interface.
| Unknown numeric token on expression `0 8@r35'.
I will investigate the problem with the unknown numeric token, but
any recommendation before I start?
Also, I am wondering we really want a warning in this case -
I think this is going to make the average user think that there
is something wrong and therefore that needs to be fixed. What
do people think?