This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Notes on -Wshadow patches
- From: Andrey Smirnov <andrew dot smirnov at gmail dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, brobecker at adacore dot com, tromey at redhat dot com, mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl
- Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 03:24:43 +0600
- Subject: Re: Notes on -Wshadow patches
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <E1RUeSM-0003Dc-Jd@fencepost.gnu.org>
> Doesn't git support generation of ChangeLog entries from commit
> messages? ?I thought it did. ?If it does, you should be able to
> generate ChangeLog entries automatically.
Not that that I'm an exprt on git, but, no, I am unaware of such
functionality. But it doesn't matter, since, as I said, commit
messages already contain what is to be later added to the changelog, i
just didn't add that to the actual ChangeLog file and therefore it is
not in the diff.