This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Tracing notes and metadata
- From: Stan Shebs <stanshebs at earthlink dot net>
- To: Edjunior Barbosa Machado <emachado at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:40:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Tracing notes and metadata
- References: <4EC56FDB.email@example.com> <4ECB9BF4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 11/22/11 4:56 AM, Edjunior Barbosa Machado wrote:
On 11/17/2011 06:34 PM, Stan Shebs wrote:
Here is the filled-in version of the tracing notes patch. It's mostly the same as the previous version, with some additional fixup/cleanup prompted by actually running it through testsuite. :-)Hi Stan,
I plan to commit this soon if no issues crop up.
I'm having this error when building gdb for ppc 32-bit (using CFLAGS="-m32")
../../gdb.git/gdb/remote.c: In function ‘remote_get_tracepoint_status’:
../../gdb.git/gdb/remote.c:10252: error: format ‘%016llx’ expects type ‘long long unsigned int’, but argument 3 has type ‘long unsigned int’
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that copying utp->addr to a CORE_ADDR variable fixes this issue.
It looks like everyplace else prints that value with phex_nz, in fact
there are so few uses of sprintf_vma I wonder if it should be deprecated
for GDB. In any case, I'll do a quick patch for this, and thanks for