This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 6/8] gdbserver - Install tracepoint when tracing is running
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 03:20:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch 6/8] gdbserver - Install tracepoint when tracing is running
- References: <4EB8C551.email@example.com> <4EB8CEC4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 14:40:04 +0800
> From: Yao Qi <email@example.com>
> -/* Create a tracepoint (location) with given number and address. */
> +/* Create a tracepoint (location) with given number and address. If SORT is
> + non-zero, the list of tracepoint will be sorted. */
> + /* Find a place to insert this tracepoint into list in order to keep
> + the tracepoint list still in an ascending order. There may be
"the ascending order"
> + multiple tracepoints at the same address as TPOINT's, and this
> + guarantee that TP_PREV is the last tracepoint entry of them, so that
> + TPOINT is inserted at the last of them.
"inserted at the last of them" is not clear. I would suggest using
"before" or "after". Or maybe "at the highest address" if you mean
"at address" (I don't really understand the meaning of what the code
> For example, fast tracepoint
> + /* Install tracepoint during tracing only once of each tracepoint location.
"for each", I think.
> + /* Find the previous entry of TPOINT, which is fast tracepoint or
> + or static tracepoint. */
2 "or" in a row.