This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: remove gdbarch from struct breakpoint
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 07:20:58 -0800
- Subject: Re: RFC: remove gdbarch from struct breakpoint
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> This patch removes the 'gdbarch' field from struct breakpoint.
> In most cases, it is sufficient to replace the use of this field with
> the location's gdbarch instead. In fact, I think the cases in
> tracepoint.c where this is not done are probably latent bugs.
I think that makes sense. I am trying to figure out how a breakpoint
could have a gdbarch that made some sort of sense when the breakpoint
has two locations and each location had a different gdbarch from