This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: SEGV in dwarf2read.c -- gdb-7.2
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>, "gdb-patches\ at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:43:20 -0600
- Subject: Re: SEGV in dwarf2read.c -- gdb-7.2
- References: <4EB2BD58.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20111103162026.GA12269@host1.jankratochvil.net>
>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com> writes:
Jan> I guess for performance reasons, the CU header read-in
Jan> vs. load_full_comp_unit is a big difference. There are already
Jan> some PRs (such as 12828 (a)) where GDB needlessly expands too many
Jan> CUs "locking itself" by inacceptable performance.
Does the CU cache serve a useful purpose these days?
I wonder whether we could just remove it.