This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] document that check_typedef can throw an exception
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 04:09:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] document that check_typedef can throw an exception
- References: <20111027215551.97B0C246191@ruffy.mtv.corp.google.com>
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 23:55:51 +0200, Doug Evans wrote:
> * gdbtypes.c (check_typedef): Document that this function can
> throw an exception.
> + NOTE: Lookup of types for opaque types can throw some errors during
> + invalid symbol files. Thus this function can throw an exception.
Always by expanding opaque types:
Internal: %s symbol `%s' found in %s psymtab but not in symtab.\n\
which is not completely correct but it was commonly happenning and it still
Or just RETURN_QUIT from new CUs being expanded
...->dwarf2_compute_name->c_print_type->... (there some QUIT; statements).