This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[patch] document that check_typedef can throw an exception
- From: dje at google dot com (Doug Evans)
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:55:51 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: [patch] document that check_typedef can throw an exception
I will check this in in a few days if there are no objections.
2011-10-27 Doug Evans <email@example.com>
* gdbtypes.c (check_typedef): Document that this function can
throw an exception.
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/gdb/gdbtypes.c,v
retrieving revision 1.220
diff -u -p -r1.220 gdbtypes.c
--- gdbtypes.c 14 Oct 2011 20:22:17 -0000 1.220
+++ gdbtypes.c 27 Oct 2011 21:53:52 -0000
@@ -1454,6 +1454,9 @@ stub_noname_complaint (void)
not been computed and we're either in the middle of reading symbols, or
there was no name for the typedef in the debug info.
+ NOTE: Lookup of types for opaque types can throw some errors during
+ invalid symbol files. Thus this function can throw an exception.
If TYPE is a TYPE_CODE_TYPEDEF, its length is updated to the length of
the target type.