This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc][1/3] Remote core file generation: BFD support
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: uweigand at de dot ibm dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 21:51:24 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [rfc][1/3] Remote core file generation: BFD support
- References: <201110211856.p9LIu92B012443@d06av02.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>
> when implementing support for core file generation with remote targets
> in GDB I ran into the problem that the elfcore_write_prpsinfo and
> elfcore_write_prstatus are only defined for native targets. This is
> even though they could be implemented for remote targets if the
> back-end provides the backend_write_core_note callback.
> The following patch provides those functions unconditionally, so that
> they can use the back-end callback if present, and return NULL to
> signal failure if the callback is not available.
> The patch in addition implements the callback for ARM Linux.
There's a bit of a problem with this diff. You're installing the
callback into the generic ARM vector, but the notes you're writing out
are (almost certainly) Linux-specific.