This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/RFC] try ignoring bad PLT entries in ELF symbol tables
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 21:49:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFA/RFC] try ignoring bad PLT entries in ELF symbol tables
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 02:23:37 +0200, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Normally, such entries either have a null value, or their value
> corresponds to an address in the PLT section.
Do you have some such file with undefinde symbol and non-zero value?
> + if (strncmp (sect->name, ".plt", 4) != 0
> + && bfd_get_section_by_name (abfd, ".plt") != NULL)
At least the bfd_get_section_by_name result should be cached.
This is not a review.