This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] sim: use AC_REQUIRE with AC_PROG_CC
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, toolchain-devel at blackfin dot uclinux dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:30:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] sim: use AC_REQUIRE with AC_PROG_CC
- References: <email@example.com> <20111017165724.GC17942@adacore.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> i don't think there is a requirement for the AC_REQUIRE to be where it is;
> i'll have to double check. the reason i moved it is that the convention i've
> seen when reading other GNU projects is to put unconditional AC_REQUIRE calls
> at the top of m4 defines. SIM_AC_COMMON is probably a bit of a special case
> though due to it mostly being the normal configure.ac file.
> i can move it back if you like (and i verify that it works fine).
Nah, that's Ok. The comment right after is what prompted the question,
and it is a bit misleading. I'd just remove it (as a follow up patch)
I think, it doesn't bring anything anyway.