This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Fix internal error on optimized-out values (regression by me)
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:36:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix internal error on optimized-out values (regression by me)
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:18:27 +0200, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Jan> Missing DW_AT_data_member_location is defined as offset 0. Not
> Jan> sure how an optimized out field should look like.
> It would be an empty DW_OP_piece.
I forgot, OK, GCC makes optimized out the value bits, not the type definition.
That is still compatible with the first patch.
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:27:34 +0200, Pedro Alves wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 October 2011 21:33:29, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > This would suggest the user-visible behavior should be more the former patch:
> > http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2011-09/msg00449.html
> > printing <optimized out>