This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: patch: solib_break from _r_debug.r_brk
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Aleksandar Ristovski <aristovski at qnx dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 23:16:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: patch: solib_break from _r_debug.r_brk
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:55:10 +0200, Aleksandar Ristovski wrote:
> I have a case where gdb can not find solib break function (in our
> case _dl_debug_state) in cases where dynamic linker library is
It would be an interesting patch but I do not see it useful on glibc:
$ readelf -Ws /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
Symbol table '.dynsym' contains 28 entries:
Num: Value Size Type Bind Vis Ndx Name
10: 0000000000223260 40 OBJECT GLOBAL DEFAULT 21 _r_debug@@GLIBC_2.2.5
18: 000000000000f610 2 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 11 _dl_debug_state@@GLIBC_PRIVATE
These symbols are the same category so if there is one, there will be both of
Plus apparently `.dynsym' can never be `strip'ped.
So the patch may make sense for QNX and then one should just ensure it does
not break glibc.