This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[Python - doc] gdb.post_event description
- From: Kevin Pouget <kevin dot pouget at gmail dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:52:38 +0200
- Subject: [Python - doc] gdb.post_event description
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM, tromey at redhat dot com
>> the documentation of gdb.post_event seems not very clear if you don't look at
>> what is done internally -- I didn't -- but I think it should be safe to do it
>> this way
> Can you suggest how to fix the docs?
according to my experimentations, gdb_do_one_event, which (indirectly)
triggers the processing of Python events posted with gdb.post_event,
is executed right after the prompt has been displayed (and new
charactered fed in), and nowhere else (as far as I could investigate).
Does it look right to you?
Here is the current sentence about when the event will be processed:
> This callable will be invoked at some later point, during gdb's event processing.
I guess it worth being updated