This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Only try to load libthread_db when we load libpthread.
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 12:22:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Only try to load libthread_db when we load libpthread.
- References: <20111005182705.D744E2461D1@ruffy.mtv.corp.google.com>
On Wednesday 05 October 2011 19:27:05, Doug Evans wrote:
> 2011-10-05 Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * linux-thread-db.c (thread_db_new_objfile): Only try to load
> libthread_db when we load libpthread.
Makes sense to me.
> No regressions in amd64-linux,
> but I can imagine it misses some cases.
Yeah. I think we'll no longer activate thread_db when debugging core
files of static executables (e.g., a core of gdb.threads/staticthreads).
It works with live debugging since we call check_for_thread_db
Maybe moving that to an inferior_created observer in
linux-thread-db.c would work.