This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Fix initial language with -readnow, regressed by: RFC: add DWARF index support
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 13:48:29 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix initial language with -readnow, regressed by: RFC: add DWARF index support
- References: <20110928220344.GA17977@host1.jankratochvil.net> <20110928230742.GB19246@adacore.com>
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> writes:
Joel> I keep dreaming of a world where there is one interface for lookups
Joel> and we don't have to worry whether there is an index, or psymtabs,
Joel> or whatever...
I agree, and I think that any divergences from this ideal -- from the
caller's point of view -- are bugs. I tried pretty hard to present a
uniform interface to psymtabs and the like; not a pretty interface, but