This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/6] Introduce `pre_expanded sals'
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>, Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 08:40:00 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/6] Introduce `pre_expanded sals'
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20110412115308.GA384@host1.jankratochvil.net> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Sergio> All right, I see what you mean. Personally, I think that if this
Sergio> behavior happens, then it means we should probably fix linespec in order
Sergio> to evaluate the `probe:' part earlier.
I hadn't thought of that. It seems insufficient to me, though. Suppose
that "break probe:something" matches both a probe named "something" and
a function in the executable "probe". In this case, the breakpoint will
have to match both locations (due to the spec I'm implementing), but in
a way the locations would have very different meanings.
Sergio> As I said in the beginning, I'm OK with that change. But obviously I'm
Sergio> not a maintainer, and I'm also an interested part in this being accepted
I'm going to work on it then.