This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] python prompt additions at first prompt.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Matt Rice <ratmice at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:07:46 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch] python prompt additions at first prompt.
- References: <CACTLOFrL0opOKGAiE3j5yPyGL6Dg5TT+vW3nqg0mX1Z0krZbsQ@mail.gmail.com>
>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Rice <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Matt> I think it's ok anyways, the 'if (async_command_editing_p)' case in
Matt> display_gdb_prompt seems to cover it,
Matt> with the addition of rl_callback_handler_remove() which afaict seemed
Matt> ok to call before a handler is installed
It is really unclear to me whether or not this patch is ok.
display_gdb_prompt can early exit in a couple of cases:
if (!current_interp_display_prompt_p ())
(I don't think this one can happen here.)
if (sync_execution && is_running (inferior_ptid))
This seems like it could be possible, maybe with attach + cont from the
If that one cannot be taken, then I agree the patch is correct.
Could you try this?