This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Improve amd64 prologue analysis
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- Cc: pierre dot muller at ics-cnrs dot unistra dot fr, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:16:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Improve amd64 prologue analysis
- References: <001701cb84ea$6883c170$398b4450$@email@example.com> <20101118172209.GE2634@adacore.com> <004201cb87c1$dab95cd0$902c1670$@firstname.lastname@example.org> <201011242118.oAOLIqZI030918@glazunov.sibelius.xs4all.nl>
> Now I suspect that 64-bit Windows, given its utterly retarded IL32P64
> model, doesn't follow that ABI. Therefore my suggestion would be to
> only use this code on Windows.
BTW: We could do that (only use the code on Windows), but I would think
that this is already the case de facto: Since we're supposed to always
have DWARF unwinding info on platforms such as GNU/Linux, should this
code ever trigger?