This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Support -fsplit-stack (previous frame inner to this frame)
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 11:34:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] Support -fsplit-stack (previous frame inner to this frame)
- References: <20101124002923.GA6482@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net>
>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com> writes:
Jan> That optimization makes no sense there:
Jan> * This check is done only in the error case.
Jan> (For frame_find_by_id it does not seem to be needed.)
Jan> * Any lookup caching should be done rather in the symbols lookup
Jan> code anyway.
Jan> * frame.c (get_prev_frame_1) <UNWIND_INNER_ID>: New variables
Jan> this_pc_in_block, morestack_msym and morestack_name. Check for
Jan> "__morestack" minimal symbol there.
It looks good to me.