This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Ping: unconditionally print detaching message
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:16:15 -0800
- Subject: Re: Ping: unconditionally print detaching message
- References: <email@example.com>
> While going through the Fedora patch backlog I ran into this:
> This has just one reply, from Daniel, asking Jan to see what the other
> maintainers think.
I don't really have an opinion either way. Some people are going
to find it annoying if they are too many forks going on (unlikely?),
while some others might have their life saved by it (but that's
provided we keep the number of warnings small).
> It occurred to me that perhaps we could instead have a setting for this.
> I am ambivalent about that but if that is what people want, I will
> implement it.
We could introduce message without a setting for now - the fewer,
the better (IMO). And if people complain about it, then introduce
one to prevent from being printed if the user so wishes...