This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 1/2] Convert hardware watchpoints to use breakpoint_ops
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>, Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:51:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch 1/2] Convert hardware watchpoints to use breakpoint_ops
- References: <1282074071.2606.702.camel@hactar> <email@example.com> <1287534691.2686.17.camel@hactar> <20101116040625.GB19243@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net> <20101116080721.GC4434@adacore.com>
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:07:21 +0100, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> How about doing such a rename as a patch on its own?
OK, going to send one today.
> I don't have any issue with blocking checkin of this patch until patches
> implementing your suggestions are approved, if that helps.
If one uses some IDE there is probably not a problem with the variable->type
association so I do not request a patch block.
> That's a good point, though. Perhaps a documentation update can help
> make that clearer. OK with a separate patch?
It should be made somewhere clear when it is bpt and when it is bp-loc.