This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [Bug-readline] [gdb FYI-patch] callback-mode readline-6.0 regression
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Chet Ramey <chet dot ramey at case dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:07:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Bug-readline] [gdb FYI-patch] callback-mode readline-6.0 regression
- References: <20091129221908.GA12364@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net> <4B13120F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
[ just a state recheck the problem no longer exists ]
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 01:30:07 +0100, Chet Ramey wrote:
> Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > FSF GDB currently ships bundled with readline-5.2 which works fine.
readline-5.1 as I see now.
> > But using --with-system-readline and readline-6.0-patchlevel4 has
> > a regression:
> > readline-5.2: Run `gdb -nx -q' and type CTRL-C:
> > (gdb) Quit
> > (gdb) _
> > readline-6.0: Run `gdb -nx -q' and type CTRL-C:
> > (gdb) _
> > = nothing happens (it gets buffered and executed later)
> > (It does also FAIL on gdb.gdb/selftest.exp.)
> Since readline-6.1 is very late in its development cycle, the best thing
> to do is to restore the readline-5.x behavior by testing for
> RL_ISSTATE(RL_STATE_CALLBACK) in rl_signal_handler.
I can confirm the regression no longer happens with FSF GDB HEAD,
--with-system-readline and readline-6.1-2.fc13.x86_64.