This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Update rebuild rules in non-automake directories.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>, gcc-patches at gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:57:21 -0600
- Subject: Re: Update rebuild rules in non-automake directories.
- References: <20090628183334.GA5401@gmx.de> <20090728181748.GA3134@gmx.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Samuel" == Samuel Bronson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> Tom Tromey wrote:
>> It seems a little odd to have a rule to rebuild aclocal.m4 when there is
>> no rule to rebuild configure. Are you planning to add that? (I don't
>> think this affects whether the patch is ok -- it is still an improvement
>> over the present situation.)
Samuel> You mean --enable-maintainer-mode doesn't already do that?
I thought it did, but I couldn't find the code in gdb/Makefile.in.
It does for automake-managed directories, of course.