This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Support for single-stepping Thumb-2 programs
- From: Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:17:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: Support for single-stepping Thumb-2 programs
- References: <20090728163645.GA22855@caradoc.them.org>
At Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:36:45 -0400,
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> So the patch does not allow single stepping inside an IT block. Not
> explicitly mentioned in the patch is that it also doesn't address
> setting breakpoints inside an IT block, which has the same problem.
> My best plan to date to handle stepping is to reuse displaced stepping
> for this somehow. Fill the rest of the IT block with breakpoints or
> nops to simulate just the instruction we're interested in. As for
> user set breakpoints, I think we'll have to adjust them to point at
> the IT instruction instead.
> I haven't implemented any of that yet. This is generally useful
> as-is, so I'm submitting it without those potential improvements.
So ... shouldn't this be documented in the manual until you do
implement that single-stepping?