This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Get backtrace at PLT and stepi into PLT
- From: Thinker Li <thinker at branda dot to>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: Thinker Li <thinker at branda dot to>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:02:20 +0800
- Subject: Re: Get backtrace at PLT and stepi into PLT
- References: <20090721180907.GB11667@caradoc.them.org>
Daniel Jacobowitz writes:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:57:06AM +0800, Thinker Li wrote:
> > You can not do backtrace when you stop at PLT with GDB.
> > arm_stub_unwind_sniffer create a frame with NORMAL_FRAME type for
> > PLT. But, when we do backtrace, get_prev_frame() will check if
> > this frame inside_entry_func. Since we can not found any symbol for
> > PLT, it:s func address is 0, and entry_point_address() is also 0 if
> > symfile_objfile is NULL (no main symbol table). It makes problem on
> > backtracing.
> Thanks, that's much clearer. That's where the bug is. An unknown
> function address should not be inside_entry_func.
Is it possible that entry point of an program is 0?
Maybe, we should change interface of entry_point_address() to indicate
an unknown address.
Do you have any suggestion?