This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: fix gdbtui build failure for mingw targets
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro_alves at portugalmail dot pt>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:42:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: fix gdbtui build failure for mingw targets
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wednesday 15 July 2009 20:16:24, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> the current gdbtui code relies on pipe() via TUI_USE_PIPE_FOR_READLINE. this
> causes build failure for mingw targets if werror is enabled, or link failures
> if it isnt. since the pipe() code is already conditionalized, it's easy to
> drop in a configure check for pipe() and only setup this define if pipe() is
> available. for mingw targets, it wont be, so it'll build & link nicely.
> in case people are wondering, i'm using the pdcurses implementation for mingw
> rather than the small stub implementation that is included with gdb for
> windows targets. the latter does not allow for building of the tui interface
> as it does not have extended curses features that configure checks for.
> ok to commit ?
Sure, thanks. I think I'll disable the pipe on my local tree and
see if something unusually broken appears (on linux).