This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Add a new modifier /c to "disassemble" command to make it output binary code
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches ml <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:00:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: Add a new modifier /c to "disassemble" command to make it output binary code
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Hui Zhu<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The objdump will output the binary code when it works but gdb not.
> I make a patch to add a new modifier /c to "disassemble" command to
> make it output binary code.
> Please help me review it.
I like the idea.
The option to objdump is --[no-]show-raw-insn.
The word "raw" is the mnemonic I use to remember the option name.
Hence I wonder if it would be easier for users to remember
"disassemble /r" than "disassemble /c".
[nit picky, I know]