This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Avoid internal error in paddress
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: muller at ics dot u-strasbg dot fr (Pierre Muller)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:09:37 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Avoid internal error in paddress
> I reported an internal error
> in gdbtui at startup
> concerning the recently modified paddress function:
> I suspect that this internal error could bite
> us elsewhere, this is why I propose the following patch:
I don't really like this, there is no other place in GDB
where a NULL gdbarch is silently accepted. I think we should
really make sure we know a proper gdbarch ...
I've now checked in this patch:
to fix the gdbtui crash.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE