This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA Darwin]: Add push_dummy_call for i386
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 08:31:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA Darwin]: Add push_dummy_call for i386
- References: <20090703155152.GA76089@ulanbator.act-europe.fr>
On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Tristan Gingold<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Darwin i386 ABI is slightly different from the SVR4 one. ?In particular
> stack alignment is 16. ?As a consquence, i386 Darwin can't use the standard
> i386-tdeo.c push_dummy_call and this patch provides a Darwin version of this
Well, the code generated by gcc for Linux/i386 assumes that the incoming
stack is aligned at 16byte. If not, functions using SSE registers may crash.