This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC-v2] Add windows Thread Information Block
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "'Daniel Jacobowitz'" <drow at false dot org>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Pierre Muller <muller at ics dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 20:19:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC-v2] Add windows Thread Information Block
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20090701191004.GB8369@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
On Wednesday 01 July 2009 20:10:04, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> It's unreasonable to assume that a cross gdb configuration which
> understands Windows would be able to use the w32api header files?
It could be e.g, a ppc64-linux x x86-mingw GDB. A ppc64-linux-gcc
wouldn't be able to compile the headers, and if it did by miracle,
the ABI (structure layout, endianess, etc.) would be wrong all