This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: i386.record.floating.point.patch : with more testing and assurity
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: paawan oza <paawan1982 at yahoo dot com>, teawater at gmail dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:39:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: i386.record.floating.point.patch : with more testing and assurity
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tuesday 30 June 2009 14:23:30, paawan oza wrote:
> > As suggested by Hui,
> > I have come up with more detailed and granular test case
> > for the patch which I had submitted last week.
Could you please consider migrating that test into the testsuite?
You've gone through the trouble of writing tests to make sure
the features work now --- putting it in the testsuite means we
have an automatic-ish means to check that it doesn't get
inadvertently broken in the future. The way it is, when your
code gets in, the test will probably end up lost in the archives.
We wouldn't want that, would we? :-) Having auto-tests, also helps
the person doing the review in confirming things work as
expected (without much effort).