This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[0/7] Implement per-type architecture
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:39:45 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: [0/7] Implement per-type architecture
this set of 7 patches implements per-type architecture. The series applies
on top of the various patches I posted earlier today.
After all patches are applied, every type in GDB's type system is either:
- an objfile-related type allocated on the objfile obstack
(these are indirectly associated with the objfile architecture)
- an architecture-related type allocated on the heap
A new routine get_type_arch () will retrieve the associated architecure
for each type.
The first five patches in this series remove the remaining global types
and replace them by architecture-related types.
The sixth patch introduces new APIs to create per-gdbarch types and
updates all users.
The last patch then uses the new get_type_arch call in various places
to remove references to current_gdbarch.
The whole series was tested on amd64-linux, powerpc64-linux, spu-elf,
s390-ibm-linux and s390x-ibm-linux with no regressions.
All in all, this approach does appear to be simpler overall than the
previous approach to introduce per-value architecture. I'd like to
go on with this version instead. Comments are welcome!
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE