This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Add windows Thread Information Block
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Pierre Muller <muller at ics dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:03:41 +0300
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Add windows Thread Information Block
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> From: "Pierre Muller" <email@example.com>
> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 01:47:31 +0200
> The current patch adds the code to windows-nat.c
> despite the fact that I added the thread_local_base field
> to both windows-nat.c and gdbserver/win32-low.c.
> To be also usable for a remote gdbserver,
> I would need to move that to windows-tdep.c
> But here I need advice on how to move the display_tib function
> to windows-tdep.c file, as it is currently using internal information
> of windows-nat.c thread_info struct.
> Also how should I handle the remote case?
> Should I add a new query, something like 'qTlb'?
> How should I call this from windows-tdep code?
> All comments welcomed!
If this patch is accepted, we will need a corresponding patch for the
manual, describing the new command "tib". (Btw, how about a more