This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: parallelize "make check"
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, tromey at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:59:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFC: parallelize "make check"
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wednesday 24 June 2009 20:27:41, Tom Tromey wrote:
> After running the tests in parallel, it combines them using a script
> from gcc's contrib directory. ?I just copied this into gdb/testsuite/,
> but that might not be best.
Of course, the best solution is to put gcc/contrib in its own git
repository and share it with gdb. :-P
[[[ seriously, am I the only one that would prefer that gdb and
the whole of src move into the same repository as gcc, which
would allow easier sharing of code between the projects, and
more easily spring up new shared libraries? Think reusing
bits of gcc in gdb :-) (other than libiberty). Wasn't svn gaining
support for modules a-la cvs? ]]]
Okay, sorry for hijacking. Please ignore. Great stuff, Tom!