This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: parallelize "make check"
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:09:17 -0600
- Subject: Re: RFC: parallelize "make check"
- References: <email@example.com> <20090625145537.GJ7766@adacore.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Joel> This looks awesome. If I understand your patch correctly,
Joel> parallelization is active by default when one does "make -j6 check"
Joel> as you split the "check" target into multiple sub targets.
Joel> If one does a regular "make check" without the -j, then the sub
Joel> targets will simply be run in sequence.
Yeah, that's right.
Joel> Thanks for doing this. At this rate, I don't think you'll be able
Joel> to remain sober at the next GCC Summit :). (Editor's note: Daniel
Joel> and now myself promised Tom a drink for various very useful patches
Joel> that he wrote).
Though in this case I took the idea, if not the implementation, from
Jakub's similar patch to GCC.