This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Fix gdbserver crash if using kill in remote connection to windows gdbserver
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: Pierre Muller <muller at ics dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:11:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Fix gdbserver crash if using kill in remote connection to windows gdbserver
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Pierre Muller<email@example.com> wrote:
> ?GDB uses an internal fake pid (42000) for
> remote targets not supporting multi-processes,
> but send this fake pid to gdbserver when
> kill command is used with remote target.
> ?This made win32-low look for a inferior of
> pid 42000, which does not exist and created a crash
> in remove_process that was called with a NULL argument.
I thought gdb used 42000 for targets that don't have pids (e.g.
It's kinda odd that gdb is using the magic 42000 on a target with pids.
Is that, perchance, the bug that needs fixing here?