This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc][patch] Eliminate quadratic slow-down on number of solibs.
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: ppluzhnikov at google dot com (Paul Pluzhnikov)
- Cc: brobecker at adacore dot com (Joel Brobecker), tromey at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 02:43:07 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [rfc][patch] Eliminate quadratic slow-down on number of solibs.
Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Ulrich Weigand<email@example.com> wrote:
> >> Perhaps a better alternative is to restore the overlay-bp-reset behavior to
> >> "before 2009-05-12" commit: now that this change is in:
> Here is the patch to do that.
This is OK. (Any reason why we can't inline create_overlay_event_breakpoint_1
into its sole caller?)
> I also verified that create_overlay_event_breakpoint is not called for
> each solib (though it is called 7 times, which seems like 6 too many).
Hmm, do you understand where the other calls come from?
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE