This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patch: merge src and gcc copies of dwarf2.h
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 00:17:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: merge src and gcc copies of dwarf2.h
- References: <email@example.com>
Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> * Files in include/ are still GPLv2.
> I made the new dwarf2.h GPLv3, but GCC's copy has the exception text
> as well.
I believe the file in include/ should also have the exception text. The
question to ask is: might a plugin want to include this file? If yes,
it should have the exception text.
> * gcc's dwarf2.h defines INTERNAL_DW_OP_tls_addr.
> I left this in there, but IMO it is somewhat of a hack.
> Perhaps it should be local to gcc, like:
> #define INTERNAL_DW_OP_tls_addr (enum dwarf_location_atom) 0x103
That would not work reliably in C++ since it would be out of range of
the other enum values.
> Or maybe be made an explicit flag somewhere instead of abusing an
That would be fine.
> Bootstrapped and regtested on x86-64 (compile farm).
> Ok? And for src, assuming that there are no regressions?
This is OK for gcc if you use the exception text in the license.