This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Eliminate quadratic slow-down on number of solibs (take 2).
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:20:19 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch] Eliminate quadratic slow-down on number of solibs (take 2).
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Pluzhnikov <email@example.com> writes:
Thanks for the ping.
Tom> These are all just forwarding calls, basically overloads.
Tom> You could add a new overload just for this purpose.
Paul> But they may call themselves recursively.
Paul> I've added a bit to OBJF_* flags instead.
I think this mixes two things: flags to the call, and flags affecting
the resulting objfile.
I'd be happier with a new argument, or changing the name and use of
the 'from_tty' argument -- e.g., adding a new enum and expanding this
argument to be flags-for-the-call. Either of these is quite a bit
bigger, but mostly mechanical.